Engineering Document Management System
EDMS is a Document Management system that support engineering document such as detailed equipment specifications, drawings, reports, etc. EDMS is a part of Asset Integrity Management System. EDMS Pro system integrated with maintenance and inspection system that would maximize its function.
Asset / Equipment Integrity and Reliability affect the whole company, and should be addressed as such. The Integrity and Reliability Engineer is a specialist meant to assist in these issues not physically go and inspect all the equipment, maintain all the equipment, analyze all the issues. Everyone must pitch in and do their part too. As such a system is needed to summarize and highlight the problem issues for all to see.
EDMS offers a solution that directly addresses these issues in a very simplified and flexible way. Furthermore, it can be easily expanded into a full fledged Asset Integrity Management System and address other issues like job integrity. So the system can start simplified with minimal investment and interruptions to the current way of working. Yet continue to offer a way forward.
The Benefits of EDMS:
- Normal library system cannot be used to handle engineering documents and drawings which contain highly technical engineering information. EDMS is the best solution for this case
- EDMS provide each type of document with its own specific form; single generic form for all documents and drawings will not work
- Document type specific forms will also create a central engineering facility and equipment database
- With the central engineering database information is much easier to locate and kept up to date
- With the engineering database, more advanced integrity and reliability methods like RBI and RCM can be more effectively employed
- With equipment information being readily available, better informed decisions can be made